TEXT: 1 CORINTHIANS 12:1-26
A. Spiritual Gifts
1. I do not want you to be uninformed
2. No one speaking by the Spirit of God ever says “ Jesus is anathema” – “Let Jesus be cursed!”
3. No one can say “Jesus is Lord” except by the Holy Spirit.
B. At the time...
C. We sometimes incorrectly encourage normative experiences
D. Does Jesus expect me to be like everyone else?
UNITY IN DIVERSITY
A. Differences of Gifts, but the same Spirit
1. Gifts = charisma = a gift of grace
2. Spirit = pneuma = Holy Spirit
B. Differences of Administration, but the same Lord
1. Administration = diakonia = service, ministering, spiritual service
2. Lord = kyrios = Jesus
C. Differences of Operations, but the same God
1. Operations = energēma = working, outward manifestations
2. God = theos = Father
D. The manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all
E. For example...
DIVERSITY IN ONE BODY
A. The Human Body
1. The human body is one part, and all the parts of that one body, being many, are one body
2. So it is with the Body of Christ
B. The Body of Christ
1. By one Spirit we are all baptized into one body
2. Jew or Greek, slave or free – are all made to drink into one Spirit
C. For example...
D. Therefore, if one part suffers, all the parts suffer with it; or if one part is honored, all the parts rejoice with it.