October 29, 2017
· Attention Parents! We need your children in Church School! Remember your children need to attend Church School in order to participate in Youth Department Activities.
· PILGRIM REST WOULD LIKE TO DO A BLOOD DRIVE TO BENEFIT THOSE IN PUERTO RICO. If you would like to donate, sign up in the foyer or call the office.
· Church Meeting, Saturday, November 18@1:00 pm
· Thanksgiving Day Service @ Calvary Baptist Church, 10am
· Pilgrim Rest is now a part of Strong Baby Sanctuary and Blanket of Love, sponsored by Ascension Columbia St Mary’s. By our becoming a part of these community based programs, we pray our ministry to young women & babies will be beneficial to our community. Please call the office for more details and how you can participate.
· Pilgrim Rest will partner with PHEN (Prostrate Health Education Network) and The Medical College of Wisconsin in sponsoring a Prostate Health Educational Symposium on November 11, 2017. More information will follow in the coming weeks. See the flyer in your bulletin.
· HOUSTON MISSIONS MINISTRY TEAM
As we are prayerfully considering ways to continue assisting the residents of Houston & Puerto Rico who were affected by Hurricanes, we are forming a Houston Missions Ministry Team. This team will coordinate the resources of the church, and explore long-term options to work through our Houston Missionaries to minister to families in Houston & in Puerto Rico. Call the church office if you are interested in being a part of this ministry.
· BUILDING SAFE COMMUNITIES, SHERMAN PARK
Get to know neighborhood police officers and fellow residents who live, work, learn or worship in Sherman Park. Free community meal followed by listening circles (Police & Residents) guided by Zeidler Center Facilities. 4 Dates: Thursdays @ 6:00pm, Sept. 21, Oct. 26, Nov. 16, Jan. 4. The sessions will be held here at Pilgrim Rest in the School Auditorium. Call the Church Office to register or with your questions.
SAVE YOUR BOX TOPS The Library is continuing to collect Box Tops for Education. If you would like a reminder note for your refrigerator and/ or if you live in an apartment complex where management will allow collection boxes, please contact the office so that we can get one to you. Every box top collected means money for our schools. Thank you for your support. ~Sisters Bea Holt & Rubye Jones, PRMBC Library Ministry.
· Pastor Childs is on WGLB-1560 Radio Station each Sunday morning at 10:00 a.m. If you have the opportunity, listen.
· Remember to check the foyer for the job listings and other interesting information.
· Applications now open for “Apprenticeship in Medicine”. Call 414-955-8735, fax 414-955-0129 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Flyers in foyer.
· Join us for Listening Sessions! MPS School Breakfast and Lunch Program. Let your voice be heard. October 30-5pm@ Acad. Chinese Language, 2430 W. Wisconsin Ave. Flyers in foyer.