WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU DO IS NOT ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE
TEXT: LUKE 12:13-21
A. If God asked me to sell everything I have and follow Him, could I, would I?
B. What is the primary challenge with me doing it?
C. Honestly, do I trust my “stuff” more than I trust God?
DO NOT WORRY ABOUT
A. Your Life – What you put in (What you eat)
1. Your life is more than food
a. Life = psyche = Soul
b. The soul associated with the breath of life. The soul animates the
body and shows itself in breathing. The seat of the feelings, desires,
affections, aversions, etc.
2. Consider the ravens
3. Of how much more value are you than the birds
4. Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life?
5. If worry can’t accomplish a little thing like that, what’s the use of
worrying over bigger things?
B. Your Body – What you put on (What you wear)
1. Your body is more than clothing
2. Consider the lilies
3. How much more will He clothe you?
4. You of little faith
SEEK THE KINGDOM OF GOD
A. Do not remain focused on what you will eat or drink – raising false hopes
B. Unbelievers remain focused on these things
C. It is a matter of faith
1. Your Father know you need these things
2. Place your focus on God’s kingdom, first
3. And, you will get everything else
4. Do not be afraid, it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom
5. Therefore, place your focus on God’s kingdom, first, and you will receive
it, as well as everything else
6. Place your “stuff” in perspective
a. Either my focus is on God’s kingdom or my “stuff”?
b. Sell your “stuff”, and give to the poor
c. Get purses that will not wear out – a treasure in heaven that will not
run out. Thieves cannot steal it; moths cannot eat it.
d. Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also