TITLE: PRAYING AND GETTING WHAT YOU WANT
TEXT: LUKE 11:9-13
A. ASK – We ask for something we want and do not have [If I do not want it, I will not ask for it]
B. SEEK – We seek for something we want to find and cannot find it [If I do not want to find it, I will not seek for it]
C. KNOCK – We knock on doors to places we want to enter and have not been
granted access [If I do not want to enter, I will not knock on the door]
A. Ask: As I keep on asking, I know that I am receiving it while I am asking
B. Seek: As I keep on seeking, I know that I am finding it while I am seeking
A. Knock, and it will be opened (Knock = Present Imperative = Keep on knocking)
B. What does it mean to knock
1. We knock Consciously – I know on what door I am knocking
2. We seek Intentionally – I know that what I want is behind the door
upon which I am knocking
C. Those who knock, it will be opened
1. Knock = (Present Indicative) The door is opening while I am knocking
2. As I keep on knocking, I know that the door is opening while I am
DO I REALLY WANT IT?
A. How does the Father respond when I Ask, Seek and Knock?
1. Psalm 84:11 – 11 …No good thing will He withhold From those who walk uprightly
2. Psalm 85:12 – 12 Yes, the Lord will give what is good; And our land will yield its increase.
3. Psalm 34:9, 10 – 9 Oh, fear the Lord, you His saints! There is no want to those who fear Him. 10 The young lions lack and suffer hunger; But those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing.
4. James 1:17 – 17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or
shadow of turning.
B. Asking, Seeking and Knocking are performed for the things that I really want
1. Do I really want it?
2. Do I really want it?
3. How much do I really want it?
4. What am I willing to do to prove that I really want it?
5. Am I willing to keep in asking?
6. Am I willing to keep on seeking?
7. Am I willing to keep on knocking?
C. Therefore, I am Persistent in my prayer requests because I know that I am going to get what I want
WORK FOR THE WEEK
MAY MEMORY VERSE
20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, 21 to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
Ephesians 3:20, 21
MAY MEDITATION QUOTE
“The task ahead of us can never, ever be greater than the power within us.”
– Joseph Shabalala
TODAY’S STUDY QUESTIONS AND MEDITATION:
Am I Putting forth the effort to seek in my prayers?
How conscious am I in my praying? How intentional am I in my praying?
FOR THE YOUTH
I know that your hands are hurting and your arms are tired… KEEP KNOCKING
What are some specific doors that I want the Father to open?
Am I willing to keep knocking for those doors to be opened?