TEXT: JEREMIAH 37:1-21
TITLE: IS THERE A WORD FROM THE LORD??
A. People are saying that God is speaking through the virus…
B. People are saying that God is speaking through the worldwide protest against racism and for justice
C. Since God is speaking, what, actually, is God saying?
D. Question: Is it a matter of God speaking or us listening?
PEOPLE DO NOT WANT TO HEAR FROM GOD UNTIL THE NEED TO HEAR FROM GOD
A. The king of Judah nor the people listened to the words of the LORD spoken through the prophet Jeremiah
1. 2 Kings 24:17 – The king of Babylon made Zedekiah the king of Judah
2. 2 Kings 24:17 – The king of Babylon changed his name
3. 2 Kings 24:19 – The king of Judah rebelled against God
4. 2 Kings 24:20 – The king of Judah rebelled against the king of Babylon
5. Ezekiel 17:15 – The king of Judah turned to Egypt to save them
A. What did God say
1. “Egypt is going home”
2. “Babylon is coming back”
3. “They will capture the city and burn it to the ground”
B. Hope that is not anchored in God is hope in vain
C. God is our hope
1. Psalm 71:5, 5 For You are my hope, O Lord God; You are my trust from my youth.
2. 1 Timothy 1:1, 1 “…by the commandment of God our Savior and the Lord Jesus Christ, our hope
IS THERE A WORD FROM THE LORD?
A. Yes. You will be defeated by Babylon
B. Actually, the same thing that God previously said…
C. Sometimes, we expect / we want God to say something different from what He had already said
D. Yes. There is a word from the LORD
1. Am I hearing the word from the LORD?
2. Am I doing the word from the LORD?