• Attention 2016 graduating seniors. Please turn in your paperwork for the church and families scholarships by Sunday, May 8, 2016. Scholarship Committee, please see Chairperson, Vicky Frazier, Vicky Butler, or Rubye Jones if you have questions.
• Pilgrim Rest M.B. Church 64th Anniversary, May 14th & 15th, 2016
• Attention Members: Our VBS theme this year is “I’ve Got Talent”. For those who are interested in participating in VBS this year, we are looking for Teachers, Assistant Teachers, Van Drivers, and Volunteers. Please see Sister LaDora Rabon for more information. Please sign up in the Foyer!
• Pastor Childs and the Deacons’ Ministry invites you to a follow up to hear
directly from the membership regarding the state of the church. This time of sharing is targeted for those adult members under the age of 50 who attended the initial session last winter. We will provide feedback and share tangible ideas on your suggestions and involvement in moving forward at the church. The date will be Monday, May 23rd and will last from 6pm-8pm. Please see Deacons JC Frazier or Robert LaGrant with any questions.
• The Youth Department will have a Youth In Action Day on Saturday, May 14th at 9am. The Cleanest Day Ever is an opportunity to spread awareness, generate pride, accountability, and respect for our environment. This event is a great way for our youth to give back to their communities while making a positive difference. There will be a post event celebration directly proceeding at Sherman Park from 1PM-3PM. Please sign up in the foyer to participate. Please see Sisters Lynne LaGrant or TaNesha Harris for more information.
• Nehemiah Inc. Summer Youth Learning Camp 2016, Now Enrolling! Six
Weeks, Math & Literacy Camp, June 27th – August 5th, 2016. Hours are 8:00am – 3:00pm. Camp Fee: $175.00 per child. A $25.00 non-refundable deposit at registration secures your child’s seat. Informational Flyers and Applications are in the Foyer.
• Pilgrim Rest MBC will be providing a CPR/First Aid class taught by Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare on Saturday, June 4, 2016 from 8:00am -1:30pm. Ages 15yrs old to adults can enroll in class. The cost is $35.00 per adult, CPR Certification is for 2 years. Please sign up in the foyer.
• Attention Members: The Golden Ministry would like to invite everyone to bring in their recipes for our “Cookbook”. Please turn in your recipes to Sister Toni Burt.
• The Healing House Ministry is asking for donations for Convertor Boxes. If you can assist our ministry please contact Sister Wilma Perine. Thank You!
• Attention Youth & Parents: The Church have acquired a variety of Books from the Next Door, “Books for Kids”. All Youth are welcome to take a book of your choice which are located in the Foyer!
HAVE A BLESSED MOTHER’S DAY!