TEXT: JOHN 5:1-15
TITLE: WHO IS THIS JESUS?
JESUS MOVES US OUT OF OUR COMFORT ZONE
Pastor Martin Childs Jr. D. Min
A. Comfort zone – Complacency – Lazy
B. Fear of being “A big galoopy”
C. Jesus has a purpose and plan for each one of our lives
LOOKING FOR THE ANSWER IN OTHERS
A. There was a large group of sick, blind, lame and paralyzed people.
B. They waited for the angel to stir the water
C. They waited for someone to assist them
D. Sometimes, we look for the answers in others.
1. We look for them to validate and affirm us
2. We look for them to give us permission
3. We look for them to provide us access
I AM WHO I BELIEVE THAT I AM
A. Who did the man hang around with?
1. What did they look like?
2. What did it sound like?
3. What was their conversation like?
4. What were their goals?
B. Self-Fulfilling Prophecy
C. Why did Jesus stop and talk to this man?
D. What was behind Jesus’ question, “Do you want to be made well?”
GET UP, PICK IT UP AND WALK
A. Get Up!
1. A command (some things must be commanded)
2. Get up out of what is holding you back
3. Get up out of your complacency
B. Pick It Up!
1. A command (again, some things must be commanded)
2. Pick up what makes it comfortable for you to remain in your complacency
3. When you pick it up, you establish your power and authority over it
1. A command (This command involved continuous action – keep walking)
2. Get going…
3. Where is God desiring to take you?
4. As you are walking, others will confront you – Jesus will find you
CHALLENGE FOR THE WEEK: THAT I WILL BEGIN THE PROCESS OF GETTING UP OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE