TITLE: WHAT’S SO SPECIAL ABOUT JESUS?
TEXT: JOHN 10:22-33
A. There are times, because of other’s, that you will question who you are
B. That is why it is important for you to know who you are
C. If I do not know who I am, others will tell me who I am
KNOWING WHO YOU ARE…
A. “If You are the Christ, tell us plainly.”
1. John 4:25, 26
2. John 7:25-31
B. Why did they ask Jesus that question?
C. What did it mean to be the Christ?
1. New Testament: Christ = Χριστός = Christós = Anointed One
2. Old Testament: Messiah = מָשִׁיחַ = Mâshîyach = Anointed One
D. They wanted to stone Jesus for being who He was
1. John 10:31-33
2. John 5:16
3. John 9:58, 59
4. John 11:53
5. John 11:56, 57
6. John 12:10, 11
E. Jesus being who He was revealed the truth about them – John 11:47, 48
F. Do you know who you are?
1. Some will want to shut you down for being who you are
2. When you be who you are, it reveals the truth about others
TO KNOW WHO I AM, I MUST KNOW WHO JESUS IS…
A. “I have already told you, and you do not believe me.”
B. “You do not believe me because you are not My sheep.”
C. Who are Jesus’ sheep?
1. His sheep hear His voice
2. He calls His own sheep by name
3. He leads them out
4. He goes before them
5. His sheep follow him
6. His sheep know his voice
7. His sheep will not follow a stranger, but will run, for they do not know the voice of strangers
CHALLENGE FOR THE WEEK: THAT I WILL INVEST THE TIME TO KNOW WHO JESUS IS, SO I WILL KNOW WHO I AM
WORK FOR THE WEEK