TITLE: WHAT DO WE DO DURING THESE TIMES
TEXT: 2 TIMOTHY 3:1-17
- Extra, Extra, read all about it….news report of daily conditions
- Last of Paul’s inspiring letters
- Eschatological nature of the text
PAUL’S PURVIEW OF CONDITIONS DURING HIS TIME (1-9)
- Last days perilous times will come…..
- Meaning of perilous (Matt. 8:28)
- Meaning of times
- Characteristics or traits of humanity (church/worldly)
- Hard hearted
- Lack of conscious or regard for others
- Arbitrary to God
- Ungodliness is not hidden
JESUS’S PURVIEW (Matt. 24:4-14)
- Disciples questions of Jesus’s second coming and end of times
- Jesus explains signs of the times
- These things must come to pass
- Christians not exempt from tribulation
- Jesus’s encouragement/instruction
THE CHURCH’S PURVIEW
- What do we see in our times?
- What do these times mean for us?
- How are we to function during these times?
WHAT SHOULD THE MAN/WOMAN OF GOD DO
- Persevere through tribulation (Matt. 24:13)
- Live godly
- Stand on the word of God
- Use the word of God
CHALLENGE FOR THE WEEK: I WILL CONTINUE TO BE STRONG, STAND ON THE WORD, AND SEEK TO MAKE LIFE BETTER FOR OTHERS AND MYSELF IN THE FACE OF PERILOUS TIMES