TEXT: JOB 1:1-2:10
TITLE: WHAT DO I DO WHEN ADVERSITY WHEN ADVERSITY COMES? WORSHIP
YOU ARE DOING EVERYTHING RIGHT
A. Who is Job?
1. Blameless (Perfect) = Integrity / Upright = Straight (Afraid)
2. Feared God = Healthy Fear / Shunned Evil = Turn Away Spit Out
B. What did Job do? Offered burnt offerings for his children
C. You are doing everything right…
GOD IS BLESSING YOU
A. What did Job have? (7 sons, 3 daughters / 7000 sheep / 3000 camels /
1000 oxen [500 yoked] / 500 female donkeys / very many servants)
B. Satan, “You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have
increased in the land.”
C. God is blessing you, and even your enemies see it…
THEN, EVERYTHING GOES WRONG
A. In a matter of minutes, Job’s world turned upside down
1. The Sabeans took his oxen and donkeys, and killed his servants…
2. Fire of God fell from heaven and burned up the sheep and servants…
3. The Chaldeans took the camels, and killed his servants…
4. A windstorm blew down the house killing his children…
B. Then, in a matter of minutes, everything goes wrong…
WHAT DO YOU DO? WHY? —- Before you answer,
A. Satan is not Omnipresent
1. Satan is going to and fro, back and forth
2. All he can see is up to right now. That is why he focuses on your past
3. God is Omnipotent: When God tells me something today…
B. Satan is not Omniscient
1. Satan, “Job only serves you because you protect him”
2. Satan does not really know you…
3. God is Omniscient: God knows me and everything about me
C. Satan is not Omnipotent
1. Satan, “You made a hedge around him, his household and everything he has on every side.”
2. God is Omnipotent: God is in control of my life
D. Why do I worship God?
1. Not because of what God gives me… Praise God!
2. Not because of what God does… Praise God!
3. I Worship God because of who He is!!!
CHALLENGE FOR THE WEEK:
THAT I WILL WORSHIP AS MY RESPONSE TO ADVERSITY