TITLE: THE WORD OF GOD; LIFE’S TRUE MEDICINE
- Who Knows the difference between Drugs and Medicine?
- Drugs mask, Medicine heal
- Drugs give you a false sense of feeling good temporarily, then they wear off. Medicine is life sustaining
- Drugs are habit forming. Medicine requires a habit to be form
- Even some things we call medicine are really drugs
- Too many churches today are handing out drugs, not dispensing
WHY IS THE WORD OF GOD MEDICINE?
- v.20 “My son (and daughter), give attention to my words…….”
B v.22 “For they are life to those who find them, and health to all their
WHY DO WE SOMETIMES USE DRUGS INSTEAD OF MEDICINE?
- Sometimes the needle pricks when it is inserted in to dispense medicine
- Sometimes it’s easier to feel the euphoria of the drug rather than to feel
the working of the medicine.
I DON’T WANT A “CRACK HOUSE” RELIGION…
- People go to a crack house just to feel good
- The more you take drugs, the quicker the effect wears off.
- Once you leave the crack house, the problems you were running from haven’t changed and the drugs haven’t change you (at least, not for the
FOLLOW YOUR PRESCRIPTION
- Antibiotics always say take the complete prescription, even if you start to
feel better after a few days.
- You’ve got to take the Word every day. (it’s not a 10 day regiment, but a
life eternal regiment)
IT’S GOOD FOR WHAT AILS YOU
- If you need healing, try a dose of Jeremiah 17:14 “Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise
- If you are broken-hearted. Take some of Psalm 34:18 “The Lord is near to those who are discouraged: He saves those who have lost all hope” some Psalm 147:3, “He heals the broken-hearted and bandages their wounds.” or maybe a little 1John 4:10 “This is what love is; it is not that we have loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the means by which our sins are forgiven.”
- If you are feeling stress, try James 1:2-4
- If you are feeling alone, there’s a prescription in Isaiah 41:10
If you have sinned there is a healer who can prescribe 1John 1:9