TEXT: LUKE 7:36-50
TITLE: MENDING THE BROKEN
A. What is the blessing of the ‘Rewind’ button?
B. What is the burden of the ‘Rewind’ button?
C. What do we gain from using the ‘Rewind’ button?
D. When should we use the ‘Rewind’ button?
CONDEMNED BY WHAT YOU DID VERSUS WHO YOU ARE – THE WORLD
A. She is labeled as a sinner
1. What did she do? What was her actual sin?
2. What she did was probably long forgotten
3. Even Luke labeled her [Luke was a researcher]
B. There is a difference between sinning and being a sinner…
C. Being judged by someone who has their own stuff…
D. With some people, you will never win (Luke 7:33-35)
LOVED FOR WHO YOU ARE VERSUS WHAT YOU DID – JESUS
A. Jesus permitted her to cry on His feet to wash them, to dry His feet with her hair, to kiss His feet and to anoint His feet with her ointment. Why?
1. Jesus knew what she did
2. More important, Jesus knew why she did it
B. Jesus did not condemn her, Jesus loved her
1. Jesus saw her heart
2. Jesus understood her thoughts
3. I Chronicles 28:9, “…for the Lord searches all hearts and understands all the intent of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will be found by you; but if you forsake Him, He will cast you off forever.”
CHALLENGE FOR THE WEEK:
THAT I WILL SEE MYSELF THE WAY THAT JESUS SEES ME