TEXT: 2 KINGS 5:1-15
TITLE: CONSCIOUS AND INTENTIONAL MINISTRY:
MAKING A DIFFERENCE PART 2
A. Some humans do a great job of demeaning, diminishing and devaluing others
based upon ethnicity, gender, class, societal norms, etc.
B. However, God prefers those who are not considered wise, powerful or important
1. I Corinthians 1:26-29
2. Matthew 11:25
WHAT IS MY NEGATIVE “ONE THING”?
1. He was the commander of the army
2. He was a great and honorable man
3. He won victory for Syria over Israel (through the help of God)
4. He was a Might man of valor
5. However, he was a leper
B. We all have a negative “one thing”
WHAT IS MY POSITIVE “ONE THING”?
A. Servant girl
1. Her home was ravaged and destroyed – by Namaan
2. She was brought back as a slave – by Namaan
3. She was a servant to the wife – of Namaan
4. She was seemingly insignificant – because of Namaan
5. However, she had a relationship with God
B. We all have a positive “thing”
CAN THE LEAST LIKELY PERSON MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
A. We would expect Namaan to make a difference
B. Why would this young, servant girl care enough to desire to make a difference in
the life of the man who ravaged her home and made her a slave?
C. Why would this young servant girl’s mistress listen to and take advice from her
regarding the well-being of the man who ravaged her home and made her a slave?
D. Why would Namaan listen to and take advice from his wife, who listened to and took advice from her servant regarding the well-being of the man who ravaged
her home and made her a slave?
A. Because of who she was
B. Because of why she was
C. Because she knew what God could would do (Why she did what she did)
D. Because she lived what God had done (Why they did what they did)
CHALLENGE FOR THE WEEK:
THAT I WILL PREPARE MYSELF TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE