TITLE: GIVE IT TO GOD
TEXT: 2 KINGS 19:8-20, 32-34
ADORATION [To God]
- Where You are
- Where is God right now?
- Where do you need God to be right now?
- Who You are
- Who does God say that God is?
- Who do I know God to be?
- What You have done
- What is the Biblical account of God’s works?
- What testimonies have I heard regarding God’s works?
- What is my personal testimony of God’s works?
APPEAL [For God to hear and see my challenge]
- Bend down Your ear to hear
- Open Your eyes and see
ACKNOWLEDGE [That I cannot solve/resolve this challenge by myself]
- It is true that the kings of Assyria destroyed all of those nations
- It is true that the kings of Assyria threw all of their gods in the fire
- It is true that their gods were not gods
- What is the truth regarding my challenge?
- Be honest
- Be all-encompassing
ASK [God to intervene on my behalf]
- What is the ask? – Save us from his hand
- Why is the ask? – That all the kingdoms of the earth may know that You
alone, O Lord, are God
- What is the ask?
- What do I need God to do?
- What do I really need God to do?
- Be specific
- Be comprehensive
- Why is the ask?
- That everyone may know that God alone is God
- “Praise God”
ANSWER [That I hear God saying to me]
- Hezekiah: I have heard your prayer… I will defend this city for My sake…
- God promises to hear and answer… For God’s glory…
- Jeremiah 33:3 Psalm 91:15
- Isaiah 65:24 Isaiah 30:19