TITLE: EXPECTING EXPERIENCING MIRACLES
TEXT: ACTS 3:1-10
- Some of us expect…, however, we expect the wrong things
- Expectations can be adjusted…
- What do you expect?
SAME DESTINATION, DIFFERENT PURPOSE
- To Beg: A lame man was being carried and laid at the gate of the temple
- To Worship: Peter and John were walking into the temple
LIVING IN EXPECTATION
- The lame man lived in expectation
- Every day
- Carried to the Temple
- Laid at the Beautiful Gate (“main entrance”)
- As people entered the Temple, he begged
- [As people exited the Temple, he begged]
- Peter and John lived in expectation
- Peter and John lived in expectation of what prayer would do
- Acts 2:42, 43, “42 And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers. 43 Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles.”
- Are you living in expectation?
- If yes, for what are you expecting?
GETTING MORE THAN YOU EXPECT
- The man asked Peter and John for some money
- Peter and John looked straight at him
- Peter said, “Look at us.”
- The man expected to receive some money
- Peter said, “I do not have any silver or gold for you. But I will give you what I
have. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, get up and walk!”
- One cannot give what one does not have
- What did the Apostles have?
- What did the Apostles give?
- Why does God deliver us and set us free? To worship Him
- The man entered the Temple walking, leaping and praising God
- Exodus 3:12b, “…when you have brought the people out of Egypt, you shall worship God on this mountain.”
CHALLENGE FOR THE WEEK: I EXPECT TO EXPERIENCE MIRACLES