CHURCH ETIQUETTE / DEPORTMENT
- To give respect and honor to the sanctuary, the place where we corporately come together to worship God, absolutely no food or beverage (including water) is to be consumed in the sanctuary
- To give respect and honor to the reading of the Scriptures, please do not walk and talk when the Scriptures are being read. When God’s Scriptures are being read, God is speaking.
- To give respect and honor to times of prayer, please do not walk and talk when someone is praying. When someone is praying, they are talking to God.
- To give respect and honor to the moving of the Holy Spirit as people consider coming to Christ, please refrain from walking and talking when the Invitation to Discipleship is being offered by the minister after the sermon.
- To give respect and honor to the meaning of the Lord’s Supper, only those who have accepted Jesus, the Christ, as their Savior and Lord, and have been baptized can participate in the Lord’s Supper. Please do not permit your children to receive the Lord’s Supper if they have not been baptized. Doing so will diminish its significance for them.
- To ensure the safety and security of everyone in the church campus, please do not unlock and exit an exterior door without having someone available to lock the door behind you.
PLEASE REMAIN IN PRAYER
- That we all will experience increased intimacy with God
- That we will acquire the Frederick Douglass School
- That we will sell the church on Sherman Boulevard