- Attention 2018 High School Graduates, Please sign –up in the foyer on the sheet provided, by October 1, 2017.
- Pilgrim Rest is now a part of Strong Baby Sanctuary and Blanket of Love, sponsored by Ascension Columbia St Mary’s. By our becoming a part of these community based programs, we pray our ministry to young women & babies will be beneficial to our community. Please call the office for more details and how you can participate.
- Praise Dance & Stick ministries will meet after service on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of every month.
FAMILY DAY SUNDAY, OCTOBER 14 & 15 2017 –
- Chili cook off competition, bring a photo of your family making your winning chili
- Bake off competition part 2
- Spade competition rematch, get your partner & sign up in the foyer
HOUSTON MISSIONS MINISTRY TEAM
As we are prayerfully considering ways to continue assisting the residents of Houston who were affected by Hurricane Harvey, we are forming a Houston Missions Ministry Team. This team will coordinate the resources of the church, and explore long-term options to work through our Houston Missionaries to minister to families in Houston. We will meet on Saturday, October 7th, 2017 at 10;00 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall.
- FREE DENTAL EXAMS FOR KIDS, 7:30 am -2:00 pm October 7 at Marquette School of Dentistry, 1801 W. Wisconsin Ave. (enter from south side of the building. Children 3-16 must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian. Exams are first come, first serve (arrive early).
- ENERGY ASSISTANCE schedule an appointment to complete your application energyassistancemke.org or call 270-4653. Sites are at Community Advocates or UMOS offices. Starts Oct.1
BUILDING SAFE COMMUNITIES, SHERMAN PARK
Get to know neighborhood police officers and fellow residents who live, work, learn or worship in Sherman Park. Free community meal followed by listening circles (Police & Residents) guided by Zeidler Center Facilities. 4 Dates: Thursdays @ 6:00pm, Sept. 21, Oct. 26, Nov. 16, Jan. 4. The sessions will be held here at Pilgrim Rest in the School Auditorium. Call the Church Office to register or with your questions.
- Zion Baptist Church Fall Revival held at 2207 North 2nd Street on September 25-27, 2017, 7pm nightly. Guest Evangelist Dr. Harry Blake, Pastor at Mt. Canaan Baptist Church, Shreveport, LA. Pilgrim Rest has been invited to join them on Tuesday, September 26, 2017.
- Join us October 5, 2017 for a Town Hall Conversation, Understanding Cancer Impact in Milwaukee. This session will be held at the Wisconsin Black Historical Society, 2620 West Center Street. Food, fellowship and to participate in a conversation about cancer and ways we could build healthy communities. RSVP to Lauren
- Columbia St. Mary’s Mobile Mammography Coach will be held on Saturday, October 7, 2017 from 8:00am until 12:00pm. Contact CSM Central Scheduling at 414-326-1800, you must be 40 years or older. This is not free, however there may be resources available to help with the cost of the exam. When calling have your insurance card, your doctors name & address, know when your last exam was. Free Clinical Breast Exams are also available for women 18 and older in the Christ The King Quality of Life Center. No insurance is needed!
PRAYER LIST AND SICK AND SHUT-IN
Pastor Martin Childs, Jr.
Sister Bertha Anthony & Family
Brother Marcus Switzer, mother passed Victims in Houston, Texas
Sister Pearl Gaston’s daughter, Latasha Reed
Victims of the hurricanes everywhere
Brother Meeks’ brother Robert Prima Triplett
James & Betty Cooper (Sister Graham’s Son & wife) Families of Violence
Sister Francine Smith
Our Children (they all belong to us)
Sister Erma Smith
Pray for revival in the City of Milwaukee
The Sick & Shut-in List
Sister Harriet Harrison Sister Eva Ellis Brother Don Watts Sister Minnie Delaney Sister Geneva Bost Sister Hattie Oglen
Sister Maracin Nord Sister Mattie Bailey
Sister Nather Roby Sister Betty Stephens
Sister Eora Williams Brother Willie Allen
Nursing Homes/Health Care & Rehab Centers
Prima Triplett Bria on the Lake, 2115 E. Woodstock Place
Sister Willa Lau Bria on the Lake, 2115 E. Woodstock Place
Sister Freddie MaJeed Alexian Villiage, 9301 North 76th Street
Geraldine Walker Matthews of Glendale, 7325 N Port Washington Rd
Sister Linda Mixon-Dozier Wellspring Nursing Home, 9350 W Fond du Lac Ave
Reverend Leroy B. Mixon Wellspring Nursing Home, 9350 W Fond du Lac Ave
Sister Erma Smith Alexian Villiage, 9301 North 76th Street
The Library is continuing to collect Box Tops for Education. If you would like a reminder note for your refrigerator and/ or if you live in an apartment complex where management will allow collection boxes, please contact the office so that we can get one to you. Every box top collected means money for our schools. Thank you for your support.
Sisters Bea Holt & Rubye Jones, PRMBC Library Ministry.
- We are looking for Dehumidifiers! If you have a working dehumidifier you are not using and wish to donate it, we could use them. You can drop it off or call the church office to arrange for pick up.
- Pastor Childs is on WGLB-1560 Radio Station each Sunday morning at 10:00 a.m. If you have the opportunity, listen.
Remember to check the foyer for the job listings and other interesting information.