Today , Sunday, September 17, Youth Parent Meeting, immediately after Worship Service
• Pilgrim Rest is now a part of Strong Baby Sanctuary and Blanket of Love, sponsored by Ascension Columbia St Mary’s. By our becoming a part of these community based programs, we pray our ministry to young women & babies will be beneficial to our community. See the flyer in the bulletin.
• Praise Dance & Stick ministries will meet after service on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of every month.
• We are looking for Dehumidifiers! If you have a working dehumidifier you are not using and wish to donate it, we could use them. You can drop it off or call the church office to arrange for pick up.
• Pastor Childs is on WGLB-1560 Radio Station each Sunday morning at 10:00 a.m. If you have the opportunity, listen.
• Remember to check the foyer for the job listings and other interesting information.
• FREE DENTAL EXAMS FOR KIDS, 7:30 am -2:00 pm October 7 at Marquette School of Dentistry, 1801 W. Wisconsin Ave. (enter from south side of the building. Children 3-16 must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian. Exams are first come, first serve (arrive early).
• ENERGY ASSISTANCE schedule an appointment to complete your application www.energyassistancemke.org or call 270-4653. Sites are at Community Advocates or UMOS offices. Starts Oct.1
• BUILDING SAFE COMMUNITIES, SHERMAN PARK
Get to know neighborhood police officers and fellow residents who live, work, learn or worship in Sherman Park. Free community meal followed by listening circles (Police & Residents) guided by Zeidler Center Facilities. 4 Dates: Thursdays @ 6:00pm, Sept. 21, Oct. 26, Nov. 16, Jan. 4. The sessions will be held here at Pilgrim Rest in the School Auditorium. Call the Church Office to register or with your questions.
• Mt. Zion Baptist Church Fall Revival held at 2207 North 2nd Street on September 25-27, 2017, 7pm nightly. Guest Evangelist Dr. Harry Blake, Pastor at Mt. Canaan Baptist Church, Shreveport, LA. Pilgrim Rest has been invited to join them on Tuesday, September 26, 2017.
• Join us October 5, 2017 for a Town Hall Conversation, Understanding Cancer Impact in Milwaukee. This session will be held at the Wisconsin Black Historical Society, 2620 West Center Street. Food, fellowship and to participate in a conversation about cancer and ways we could build healthy communities. RSVP to Lauren
• Columbia St. Mary’s Mobile Mammography Coach will be held on Saturday, October 7, 2017 from 8:00am until 12:00pm. Contact CSM Central Scheduling at 414-326-1800, you must be 40 years or older. This is not free, however there may be resources available to help with the cost of the exam. When calling have your insurance card, your doctors name & address, know when your last exam was. Free Clinical Breast Exams are also available for women 18 and older in the Christ The King Quality of Life Center. No insurance is needed!
HAVE “RUNNING RED LIGHTS” AND “SPEEDING” angered or grieved you?
What contribution can you make?
Volunteer to MARCH with others with one of these signs to decrease the number of lives placed in DANGER in a designated location:
• “Texting Can Wait”
• “Stop Means STOP”
• “Slow Down! (with image of children)
• “Seat Belts Buckle Up!”
Please sign the partition in the rear of the lobby and see Mr. Percy Burt for more information.