Sunday, October 8, 2017
- Attention Parents! We need your children in Church School! Remember your children need to attend Church School in order to participate in Youth Department Activities.
- FAMILY DAY SUNDAY, OCTOBER 14 & 15 2017 –
- Chili cook off competition, bring a photo of your family making your winning chili
- Bake off competition part 2
- Spade competition rematch, get your partner & sign up in the foyer
- Pilgrim Rest is now a part of Strong Baby Sanctuary and Blanket of Love, sponsored by Ascension Columbia St Mary’s. By our becoming a part of these community based programs, we pray our ministry to young women & babies will be beneficial to our community. Please call the office for more details and how you can participate.
- Pilgrim Rest will partner with PHEN (Prostrate Health Education Network) and The Medical College of Wisconsin in sponsoring a Prostate Health Educational Symposium on November 11, 2017. More information will follow in the coming weeks
- HOUSTON MISSIONS MINISTRY TEAM
As we are prayerfully considering ways to continue assisting the residents of Houston who were affected by Hurricane Harvey, we are forming a Houston Missions Ministry Team. This team will coordinate the resources of the church, and explore long-term options to work through our Houston Missionaries to minister to families in Houston. Call the church office if you are interested in being a part of this ministry.
- BUILDING SAFE COMMUNITIES, SHERMAN PARK
Get to know neighborhood police officers and fellow residents who live, work, learn or worship in Sherman Park. Free community meal followed by listening circles (Police & Residents) guided by Zeidler Center Facilities. 4 Dates: Thursdays @ 6:00pm, Sept. 21, Oct. 26, Nov. 16, Jan. 4. The sessions will be held here at Pilgrim Rest in the School Auditorium. Call the Church Office to register or with your questions.
WISCONSIN GENERAL BAPTIST STATE CONVENTION
2017 CHURCH MUSIC SYMPOSIUM
- ROBERT T. WILSON, PRESIDENT
REVEREND KEITH EVANS, GENERAL SECRETARY
Journey of Faith Through Music I Corinthians 4:2 AMP “In this case, moreover, it is required (as essential and demanded) of stewards that one be found faithful and trustworthy”.
Sessions being offered: Music Note Reading, Choir Director Class Appropriate Music Vocal Production Faith Through Music* *Saturday Lecture Only For more information, contact Bro. Cheyney McCree
Ph. 414-466-0267 Email: email@example.com
October 26, 27, 28, 2017
Registration ~ $20 for Adults, $15 for Youth ages 12 – 17
Thursday and Friday at 6 p.m. Saturday at 9 a.m.
Musical – Saturday 5 pm – All are welcome – Invite Someone Today
Lamb of God Baptist Church
8415 W.Brown Deer Road, Milwaukee, WI
Rev. Christopher Boston, Pastor
FAMILY DAY CELEBRATION COMPETITIONS
Hello Pilgrim Rest,
We wanted to make it easier for you and your family to participate in the following Family Day Events:
CHILI COOK OFF:
Please present your favorite chili in a 5 or 6 quart Crock Pot/Slow Cooker. *This will keep it warm and easier to transport.*
DESERT BAKE OFF:
Please present your baked goods in minimum 9X13” pans and cakes or pies at least 8” rounds. *You can always make more*
All competition foods will need to be at the church by 11:00 am to be judged (use the parking lot entrance of the school for access)
SPADE/BID WHIST PLAY-OFF:
Please provide your partner’s name in the space below and come ready to have fun.