• Youth Department Lock In- Friday, October 6, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. Youth must be at least 11 years old to participate. Your child must be here by 7:00 pm and must be picked up between 5:30 am & 6:00 am.
• Attention 2018 High School Graduates, Please sign –up in the foyer on the sheet provided, by today, October 1, 2017.
• Praise Dance & Stick ministries will meet after service on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of every month.
FAMILY DAY SUNDAY, OCTOBER 14 & 15 2017 –
∗ Chili cook off competition, bring a photo of your family making your winning chili
∗ Bake off competition part 2
∗ Spade competition rematch, get your partner & sign up in the foyer
HOUSTON MISSIONS MINISTRY TEAM
As we are prayerfully considering ways to continue assisting the residents of Houston who were affected by Hurricane Harvey, we are forming a Houston Missions Ministry Team. This team will coordinate the resources of the church, and explore long-term options to work through our Houston Missionaries to minister to families in Houston. We will meet on Saturday, October 7th, 2017 at 10;00 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall.
• FREE DENTAL EXAMS FOR KIDS, 7:30 am -2:00 pm October 7 at Marquette School of Dentistry, 1801 W. Wisconsin Ave. (enter from south side of the building. Children 3-16 must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian. Exams are first come, first serve (arrive early).
BUILDING SAFE COMMUNITIES, SHERMAN PARK
Get to know neighborhood police officers and fellow residents who live, work, learn or worship in Sherman Park. Free community meal followed by listening circles (Police & Residents) guided by Zeidler Center Facilities. 4 Dates: Thursdays @ 6:00pm, Sept. 21, Oct. 26, Nov. 16, Jan. 4. The sessions will be held here at Pilgrim Rest in the School Auditorium. Call the Church Office to register or with your questions.
•Join us October 5, 2017 for a Town Hall Conversation, Understanding Cancer Impact in Milwaukee. This session will be held at the Wisconsin Black Historical Society, 2620 West Center Street. Food, fellowship and to participate in a conversation about cancer and ways we could build healthy communities. RSVP to Lauren
• Columbia St. Mary’s Mobile Mammography Coach will be held on Saturday, October 7, 2017 from 8:00am until 12:00pm. Contact CSM Central Scheduling at 414-326-1800, you must be 40 years or older. This is not free, however there may be resources available to help with the cost of the exam. When calling have your insurance card, your doctors name & address, know when your last exam was. Free Clinical Breast Exams are also available for women 18 and older in the Christ The King Quality of Life Center. No insurance is needed!
• Pilgrim Rest will partner with PHEN (Prostrate Health Education Network) and The Medical College of Wisconsin in sponsoring a Prostate Health Educational Symposium on November 11, 2017. More information will follow in the coming weeks.