• ATTENTION HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATES! Your Scholarship Packs are due on TODAY, Sunday, May 14th. Please turn them in to Sister Griffin or the church office.
• Picture Make-Up Dates: June 1st and 2nd from 2pm-9pm. Sign-up in the foyer or call the church office.
• Hosea Ministry, Inc. is beginning the work to renovate the Healing House. Our plan is to open up an opportunity for everyone to participate, in our “Adopt a Room” initiative. More info to follow or call the office for details.
• Certified Teachers Needed: Nehemiah Inc. Summer Learning Camp is looking for Dedicated Certified Teachers for the camp. Grades K5, 1st/2nd split, 4th/5th split and 5th/6th split. This is a 6 week camp starting June 26-August 4, 2017. Hours 9am-12 noon Monday through Friday. If you are interested please send resume to Camp Coordinator Connie Dallas at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Pilgrim Rest has partnered with the Frank Zeidler Center for Public Discussion to host Police and Resident Listening circles for the Sherman Park Neighborhood. The Listening Circles are designed to assist police officers and residents in talking and listening to each other. Our next circle session will take place on May 25th, from 6-8 p.m. in the school. Please call the church office to register to participate.
– The Anthony Family in Mississippi
– Families of Violence
– Sister Teresa Herndon, brother passed Our Children (they all belong to us)
– Sister Alene Fambro & Family
-Pray for revival in the City of Milwaukee
The Sick & Shut-in List
– Sister Harriet Harrison
– Sister Eva Ellis
-Bro Don Watts
-Sister Minnie Delaney
– Sister Geneva Bost
– Sister Hattie Oglen
– Sister Maracin Nord
– Sister Mattie Bailey
– Sister Nather Roby
– Sister Betty Stephens
Nursing Homes/Health Care & Rehab Centers
The Lutheran Home, 7500 West North Avenue
Sister Willa Lau Bria on the Lake, 2115 E. Woodstock Place
Sister Freddie MaJeed Alexian Villiage, 9301 North 76th Street
Geraldine Walker Matthews of Glendale, 7325 N Port Washington Rd
Sister Linda Mixon-Dozier Wellspring Nursing Home, 9350 W Fond du Lac Ave
Reverend Leroy B. Mixon Wellspring Nursing Home, 9350 W Fond du Lac Ave
Attention Members and Guests: Our Box Tops for Education basket is located in the foyer. If you are currently donating to a school, please continue to do so. If not, please let your family and friends know that we are collecting them. Each year they appear on more & more items. Please be a part of getting as much funding to our school as possible. We thank you for your support. – Sisters Bea Holt & Rubye Jones, PRMBC Library Ministry.
Essay Contest Awards for African American Boys The pilot to rally middle school African American Boys to take time to read a 40 page booklet “Booker T. Washington: American Hero”, digest it meaningfully, then take the time and effort to write a 250-500 word essay was very successful! Professor Edith Adekunle-Wilson, Life Solutions Enterprises described the experience as unique and achievable, but it was not an essay feat.
On Saturday, May 20, 2017 at 1:00 pm at the Running Rebels, 1300a W. Fond Du Lac Avenue, the fourteen essay contest participants, the essay writers, their families and community supporters are invited to come see and hear the winning essay, refreshments will be served. The project was conceived and coordinated by Professor Adekunle-Wilson and assisted by Ms. Whitney Bingham, Recreation Specialist Supervisor for Running Rebels. A complete copy of the Press Release is available in the foyer.
• It’s Softball time again! Practice is every Sunday at 4pm. On 51st & Keefe. The next game is on Monday, May 15th at 615pm vs Mt. Pilgrim at Rose Park. See Sister Baldwin or Deacon LaGrant if you have any additional questions.
• The Daughters of Praise Ministry is looking for some assistance. If you have some experience with dance or can assist in any way, call the church office.
• The Daughters of Praise (Praise Dance) and The Sons of Praise (Stick Ministry), your next rehearsal will be Monday, May 15, 5:00 – 6:30 pm.
• Parents please don’t forget to submit your child’s report card for recognition of his/her accomplishments. Also any certificates for any achievements.
• Applications are available for the Nehemiah Summer Camp in the foyer.
• Nehemiah Summer Camp- To volunteer sign up in the foyer.
• Vacation Bible School Volunteers needed in the area of teachers, teachers assistants, van drivers, van driver assistants, hall monitors and maintenance. You can sign up in the foyer or call the office.
• Job Postings, please check the foyer reference center. Please look through each section, there are numerous jobs out there.
• Healthy Connection –sessions will be taught by our Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Angie Wilks-Tate, MS RDN CD CLS. Every 1st and 3rd Thursday. At the MLK Heritage Health Center, 2555 N. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive. 6pm-7pm. Reserve by calling 414-267-6651.
• Pastor Childs is on WGLB-1560 Radio Station each Sunday morning at 10:00 a.m. If you have the opportunity, listen in.