• The 20/40 Ministry is collecting socks for Children (Boys and Girls). All sizes and styles.
• The Peanut Butter Drive ended on Friday. Thank you to all who donated.
• Nehemiah, Inc. is looking for volunteers to join the 2017 Summer Camp Planning Committee. We need YOU, our children need YOU! Please sign up in the foyer.
• Lenten Services will begin on Wednesday, March 1 thru April 12 @ 12 noon and 7 pm. The Noon services will be held at Bethesda Baptist Church, 2909 North 20th Street and the nightly services held at Blessed Deliverance Baptist Church, 2215 North 23rd Street. During this time period Pilgrim Rest will not have any Bible Study Classes on Wednesday nights or Thursday afternoons. We are encouraging everyone to attend the Lenten Services.
• Mixon Institute Friday, March 17 @6pm & Saturday, March 18 @8am
• Now that we are getting settled in our new home, we would appreciate it if each member would complete a Member Data Update Form, found in your bulletin, to insure your current contact information on file.
• Job Postings, please check the foyer reference center.
Sister Alene Fambro & Family Sister Nather Roby
The Family of Brother Thomas Shine Families of Violence
Sister Josephine Morris FamilyPray for revival in the City of Milwaukee
The Sick & Shut-in List
Sister Hattie OglenSister Eva Ellis Bro Don Watts
Sister Minnie Delaney Sister Geneva Bost Sister Nather Roby
Sister Maracin NordSister Mattie Bailey
Sister Betty StephensSister Gloria Jefferson
Nursing Homes/Health Care & Rehab Centers
Sister Willa Lau Bria on the Lake, 2115 E. Woodstock Place
Sister Freddie MaJeed Alexian Villiage, 9301 North 76th Street
Brother Thomas Shine Birchwood Rehab, 9632 W. Appleton Ave
Geraldine Walker Matthews of Glendale, 7325 N Port Washington Rd
Sister Linda Mixon-Dozier Wellspring Nursing Home, 9350 W Fond du Lac Ave
Reverend Leroy B. Mixon Wellspring Nursing Home, 9350 W Fond du Lac Ave
• Pastor Childs is on WGLB-1560 Radio Station each Sunday morning at 10:00 a.m. If you have the opportunity, listen in!
• FREE INCOME TAX PREPARATIONS!!! The Vita Program Riverwoods Center
526 East Concordia Avenue. February 6-April 18. Call 414-906-9650 for an appointment.
• Financial Contribution Statement – if you would like to receive your financial contribution statement for 2016, please sign up in the foyer.
• Attention Members and Guests: Our Box Tops for Education basket is located in the foyer. If you are currently donating to a school, please continue to do so. If not, please let your family and friends know that we are collecting them. Each year they appear on more & more items. Please be a part of getting as much funding to our school as possible. We thank you for your support.
Sisters Bea Holt & Rubye Jones, PRMBC Library Ministry.
Words cannot express how grateful we are for your kind words & sympathy. It is through the support of friends and family that has helped our family get through this difficult time. Thank you Pilgrim Rest Family for your love and prayers.
Sister Nyette Brown Ellis and Family
• Attention Male Youth! Young Rebels is sponsoring an essay contest for African American Males, grades 5th -8th . You must read the book: “Booker T. Washington: American Hero”. The book is 40 pages. There are monetary prizes for 1st, 2nd & 3rd places. For more information see, Brother Chad Johnson or Sister Edith Wilson.
• Those who would like to participate with Daughters of Praise (Praise Dance) rehearsal is on Monday, March 6 @5pm or with the Sons of Praise (Stick Ministry), meeting on Monday @ 5:30 p.m.
• SYIP Summer Youth Internship Program (Earn & Learn). Youth ages 16-19 yrs. can now apply for the summer employment with the Mayors office. Applications are available January 23-March 24, go to htt://city.milwaukee.gov/SYIP fill out your application online.
• Parents please don’t forget to submit your child’s report card for recognition of his/her accomplishments. Also any certificates for any achievements.
• Please support our Basketball team, attend the games on Saturday’s. Our team finished this season in 2nd place with a record of 7-3. Playoffs start for us next Saturday, March 11@4pm. Pilgrim Rest will play either Parklawn or Mt. Pilgrim, at New Testament Gym. Our next game will be Saturday, March 4 @ 3:00 pm at New Testament.
• The Youth Department will celebrate the accomplishments of our culture in conjunction with our 65th Church Anniversary on Saturday, May 20, 2017. Please look for more information in the coming weeks as we praise God for our rich tradition and history.
• The Youth Department will participate in a Youth Symposium at Marquette University on Saturday, March 11th. The theme is “Building a Future for Impactful Leaders” and will focus on social justice, healthy choices and leadership skills. We will leave the church at 8:15am and middle school & high school youth are encouraged to attend. Registration ends on today, so please see Deacon Roberts S. or Sister Lynne LaGrant for details.
• The Youth Department will have its Youth in Action Day on Saturday, March 18. We will partner with the American Lung Association in the Climb for Air at the US Bank Building. We will leave the church at 7:17am and return at 10:30am. Please sign up in the foyer to participate and see Sisters Lynne LaGrant, Angela Frazier or Tracy Craig for more information.