The time to celebrate our culture has arrived! Our 2018 theme for Black History is “A Night at the Museum”. Rehearsals will continue on Sundays immediately following Worship Service and on Tuesdays, from 6:30pm-8pm. Please see Sisters Kennedy Allen, Mia Washington, Connie Dallas or Brother Marcus LaGrant with any questions. Our Black History Program will be on Friday, March 9th, 2018 at 6pm.
· Lenten Services will be on Wednesdays thru Wednesday, March 28, 2018 @ 12 noon and 7pm. The Theme for this year is “Who Is This Jesus”. The noon Services will be held at Bethesda Baptist Church 2909 North 20th Street. The 7pm Services will be held at Progressive Baptist Church, 8324 West Keefe Avenue.
· During this time we will not have Wednesday or Thursday Bible Study here at Pilgrim Rest. We are encouraging everyone to attend the Lenten Services.
· Pilgrim Rest Boys Basketball, 1st & 2nd Round Play Off Games Saturday, March 10th and 17th, 2018. Additional information will be given next week.
· The Youth Department will have its Youth In Action Day on Saturday, March 10th. We will volunteer at the “Climb for Air” at the US Bank Building. Please arrive at the church by 7:15am as we will depart immediately at 7:30am. All youth ages 10 and older are expected to attend. Please sign up in the foyer and see Sister Tracy Craig or Deacon Robert S. LaGrant with any questions.
· Movie Time!! Pilgrim Rest has the opportunity to see the Black Panther movie as a church. If you are interested in attending the Matinee on Saturday, March 10th at 11:30a.m., Men. Falls Theatre, you must sign up in the foyer today. The cost is $12 (which includes popcorn & soda).
· Sons of Praise and Daughters of Praise will rehearse 2nd & 4th Sundays after worship service. If your child is interested in being a part of either team, see Brothers Moore, Torrence or Nash or Sisters Frost or Spencer.
· DID YOU KNOW?
Pilgrim Rest has a PRAYER MINISTRY that prays for the church and the community weekly. Please join us Mondays/Thursdays 5-6PM in the fellowship hall EVERY 3RD Monday we have corporate prayer. Our next corporate prayer March 19, 2018 Our theme is “MIRACLES”: we all have experienced some sort of miracle in our life. Please join us and share your miracle with the congregation. Hope to see you there.
· Word of Hope Ministries, Inc. JOB FAIR, March 16, 2018. Located at 2677 North 40th Street from 9am-3pm. Come dressed for possible on the spot interviews. Bring your resume & positive attitude. Register early at CTAYLOR@WOHMKE.ORG or call (414)447-1965.
· Be a Foster Grandparent Volunteer! Receive paid training, an hourly stipend and more. If interested contact: Linda Hopgood, 414-906-4608.
· Join the Senior Companion Program. You must be at least 55 yrs. old, unemployed or retired and interested in helping people. You will be paid and it does not affect other benefits. For more information, please call 414-906-2700 ext. 2779.