• The 20/40 Ministry is collecting socks for Children (Boys and Girls). All sizes and styles.
• Lenten Services began on Wednesday, March 1 thru April 12 @ 12 noon and 7 pm. The Noon services will be held at Bethesda Baptist Church, 2909 North 20th Street and the nightly services held at Blessed Deliverance Baptist Church, 2215 North 23rd Street. During this time period Pilgrim Rest will not have any Bible Study Classes on Wednesday nights or Thursday afternoons. We are encouraging everyone to attend the Lenten Services.
• Mixon Institute – Saturday, March 18 @9am – 12 Noon. All members should attend and attendance is mandatory for the leaders. Continental breakfast from 8-9 am. Sign up In the foyer.
• Job Postings, please check the foyer reference center. Please look through each section, there are numerous jobs out there.
• Your Vote Counts – Meet the Candidates for the 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th district Board of School Directors. Monday, March 20th at St. Matthews Church, 2944 North 9th Street, 6:30 p.m. Spring election is April 4, 2017.
Save the Date for the 65th Church Anniversary Celebration!
May 17th, 18th, 19th Nightly Services 7:00 p.m.
May 20th, 5:00 p.m. Banquet Dinner & Black History Program at Clarion Hotel, 5311 South Howell Avenue
$25.00 per person 13 and over (members)
$15.00 per child 12 and under
May 21st 9:00 a.m. Sunday School
10:00 a.m. Worship & Dedication Service
Family Photos to be taken by Life Touch Photography on April 21st, 22nd, & 23rd
- With the photo you will receive a free 8×10 and an updated Church Directory. You will also be able to purchase photo packages for your family memories.
- Sign up sheet in the foyer only, if you can’t get there to sign up you must call the church office.
Payments for the Banquet should be made via your weekly contribution envelope, be sure to note it’s for Church Anniversary.
Sister Earline Moore & Family Families of Violence Savanna Turner Pray for revival in the City of Milwaukee
The Sick & Shut-in List
Sister Hattie Oglen Sister Eva Ellis Bro Don Watts
Sister Minnie Delaney Sister Geneva Bost Sister Nather Roby
Sister Maracin Nord Sister Mattie Bailey
Sister Betty Stephens
Nursing Homes/Health Care & Rehab Centers
Sister Willa Lau Bria on the Lake, 2115 E. Woodstock Place
Sister Freddie MaJeed Alexian Villiage, 9301 North 76th Street
Brother Thomas Shine Birchwood Rehab, 9632 W. Appleton Ave
Geraldine Walker Matthews of Glendale, 7325 N Port Washington Rd
Sister Linda Mixon-Dozier Wellspring Nursing Home, 9350 W Fond du Lac Ave
Reverend Leroy B. Mixon Wellspring Nursing Home, 9350 W Fond du Lac Ave
• Pastor Childs is on WGLB-1560 Radio Station each Sunday morning at 10:00 a.m. If you have the opportunity, listen in!
• FREE INCOME TAX PREPARATIONS!!! The Vita Program Riverwoods Center
526 East Concordia Avenue. February 6-April 18. Call 414-906-9650 for an appointment.
• Financial Contribution Statement – if you would like to receive your financial contribution statement for 2016, please sign up in the foyer.
• Attention Members and Guests: Our Box Tops for Education basket is located in the foyer. If you are currently donating to a school, please continue to do so. If not, please let your family and friends know that we are collecting them. Each year they appear on more & more items. Please be a part of getting as much funding to our school as possible. We thank you for your support. – Sisters Bea Holt & Rubye Jones, PRMBC Library Ministry.
* Senior Ministry Outing, Thursday, April 27. We will be going to the Marcus Theater for the play “Chicago Musical”. The tickets are$33 per person. There is a sign- up sheet in the foyer. Money is due by April 14th, see Sister Fambro or Pastor Toney.
* The Family History Group at Bria Trinity, headed by Sister Carol Calvin, will search for your ancestors in the 1930-1940 censuses – at no cost.
* Healthy Connection –sessions will be taught by our Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Angie Wilks-Tate, MS RDN CD CLS. Every 1st and 3rd Thursday. At the MLK Heritage Health Center, 2555 N. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive. 6pm-7pm. Reserve by calling 414-267-6651
* Nehemiah Summer Camp- To volunteer sign up in the foyer
* The dates are 4/05,4/12,4/19 &4/26 from 6-8pm in The Art Studio-East Building, 7300 W. Dean Rd. Bring the ancestors’ names, year of deaths, countries they lived in. The appointments take about 20 min. Call Sister Carol Calvin, 414-365-2587, with any questions.
* The Youth Department will have an outing to Lazer Tag Adventure on Friday, April 14th. All are welcome and ages 10 and under will need any adult chaperone in attendance. To attend, all Children and youth must be in attendance on Resurrection Sunday at 4:30am to prepare breakfast for the congregation. The cost is $13 and we will leave the church promptly at 8:00 pm. Please sign up in the foyer and see Sisters Kennedy Allen, Adara Johnson or Brother Brendan LaGrant with any questions.
* Those who will be participating with Daughters of Praise (Praise Dance) or with the Sons of Praise (Stick Ministry) for Resurrection Sunday, parents you need to have your children here by 8:15am. Special notes to: parents of the Sons of Praise, the boys will need to wear black shirts and pants for Resurrection Sunday.
* SYIP Summer Youth (Earn & Learn). Youth ages 16-19 yrs. can now apply for the summer employment with the Mayor’s office. Applications are available March 28-April 28, go to htt://employeemilwaukee.org fill out your application online or go to 2342 North 27th Street.
• Parents please don’t forget to submit your child’s report card for recognition of his/her accomplishments. Also any certificates for any achievements.
• The Youth Department will celebrate the accomplishments of our culture in conjunction with our 65th Church Anniversary on Saturday, May 20, 2017. Please look for more information in the coming weeks as we praise God for our rich tradition and history.
*Applications are available for the Nehemiah Summer Camp in the foyer.
* Vacation Bible School Volunteers needed in the area of teachers, teachers assistants, van drivers, van driver assistants, hall monitors and maintenance. You can sign up in the foyer or call the office.
Summary of Position: Looking for a college student or high school student, who can meet the time needed, to provide clerical and administrative support for the church by successfully completing prescribed duties and to enhance the ministry of the church as a witness to the community at large and the local assembly.
Reception Responsibilities: 1. Greet visitors to the church during business hours, ascertains the nature of their business and direct them to their destination. 2. Answer the telephone cordially, provide information, take messages or route calls to the appropriate person.
- Manage church mail, including pick-ups, drop-off, and distribution and responding as appropriate
- Check email and respond and/or forward as soon as possible
- Prepare and mail weekly church bulletin
- Arrange and organize material for Sunday distribution on the literature rack
- Prepare correspondence, programs, memorandums, other material as assigned and other typing for the church, the pastor, and ministries
Personal Qualifications: 1. be a growing Christian. 2. be flexible, cheerful, patient, and able to meet people comfortably. 3. Exhibit professionalism, demonstrated by well-groomed appearance, conscientious work ethic, teaching ability and accountability. 4. Be organized, competent, efficient, creative, and able to multi-task. 5. Be computer proficient in Microsoft Office. 6. Possess writing and editing ability, and proficiency in grammar, usage, and style. 7. be ever conscious of the need for confidentiality and able to handle confidential and sensitive information discreetly & according to church protocol.
Please call the church office for more information, 414-873-1045.