The Sick & Shut-in List
Sister Hattie Oglen Sister Eva Ellis
Sister Minnie Delaney Sister Geneva Bost
Sister Maracin Nord Sister Mattie Bailey
Sister Betty Stephens Sister Gloria Jefferson
Sister Nather Roby
Nursing Homes/Health Care & Rehab Centers
Sister Willa Lau Bria on the Lake., 2115 E. Woodstock Place
Sister Freddie MaJeed Alexian Villiage, 9301 North 76th Street
Brother Thomas Shine Birchwood Rehab, 9632 W. Appleton Ave
Geraldine Walker Matthews of Glendale, 7325 N Port Washington Rd
Sister Linda Mixon-Dozier Wellspring Nursing Home, 9350 W Fond du Lac Ave
Reverend Leroy B. Mixon Wellspring Nursing Home, 9350 W Fond du Lac Ave
- Pastor Childs is on WGLB-1560 Radio Station each Sunday morning at 10:00 a.m. If you have the opportunity, listen in!
- FREE INCOME TAX PREPARATIONS!!! The Vita Program Riverwoods Center
526 East Concordia Avenue. February 6-April 18. Call 414-906-9650 for an appointment.
- Financial Contribution Statement – if you would like to receive your financial contribution statement for 2016, please sign up in the foyer.
- Attention Members and Guests: Our Box Tops for Education basket is located in the foyer. If you are currently to a school, please continue to do so. If not, please let your family and friends know that we are collecting them. Each year they appear on more & more items. Please be a part of getting as much funding to our school as possible. We thank you for your support. Sisters Bea Holt & Rubye Jones, PRMBC Library Ministry
- The 20/40 Ministry is collecting socks for Children (Boys and Girls). All sizes and styles.
- Those who would like to participate with Daughters of Praise (Praise Dance) rehearsal is on Monday, February 20 @5pm or with the Sons of Praise (Stick Ministry), meeting on Monday @ 5:30 p.m.
- Security Ministry meeting, Saturday, February 25 @ 9am. This is a mandatory meeting for all members. If you are interested in being a part of this ministry, please join us!
- PEANUT BUTTER DRIVE! The Pilgrim Rest Mission in conjunction with the Milwaukee Fire Department will be collecting jars of peanut butter to help the area food pantries. If you would like to participate, just bring your jars of peanut butter and place them in the container in the foyer. Thank You!
- Nehemiah, Inc. is looking for volunteers to join the 2017 Summer Camp Planning Committee. We need YOU, our children need YOU! Please sign up in the foyer.
- SYIP Summer Youth Internship Program (Earn & Learn). Youth ages 16-19 yrs. can now apply for the summer employment with the Mayors office. Applications are available January 23-March 24, go to htt://city.milwaukee.gov/SYIP fill out your application online.
- Now that we are getting settled in our new home, we would appreciate it if each member would complete a Member Data Update Form to insure your current contact information on file.
WHEN: SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2017
WHERE: FROM SHERMAN TO 38TH STREET
We will be moving the last of our boxes, equipment and furnishings. If you are able to assist in anyway, we need your help. Meet us at 3737 North Sherman, whatever time you have thank you!
CHURCH COMMUNITY SHRED DAY
Put this date on your calendar!
WHEN: SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 25
WHERE: 3737 NORTH SHERMAN BLVD (In front of the garage)
TIME: 10:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M.
Bring all your items to be shredded, by the bag or box.
Please note: This is only for the members of Pilgrim Rest!
Summary of Position: Looking for a college student to provide clerical and administrative support for the church by successfully completing prescribed duties and to enhance the ministry of the church as a witness to the community at large and the local assembly.
Reception Responsibilities: 1. Greet visitors to the church during business hours, ascertains the nature of their business and direct them to their destination. 2. Answer the telephone cordially, provide information, take messages or route calls to the appropriate person.
- Manage church mail, including pick-ups, drop-off, and distribution and responding as appropriate
- Check email and respond and/or forward as soon as possible
- Prepare and mail weekly church bulletin
- Arrange and organize material for Sunday distribution on the literature rack
- Prepare correspondence, programs, memorandums, other material as assigned and other typing for the church, the pastor, and ministries
Personal Qualifications: 1. be a growing Christian. 2. be flexible, cheerful, patient, and able to meet people comfortably. 3. Exhibit professionalism, demonstrated by well-groomed appearance, conscientious work ethic, teaching ability and accountability. 4. Be organized, competent, efficient, creative, and able to multi-task. 5. Be computer proficient in Microsoft Office. 6. Possess writing and editing ability, and proficiency in grammar, usage, and style. 7. be ever conscious of the need for confidentiality and able to handle confidential and sensitive information discreetly & according to church protocol.
Please call the church office for more information, 414-873-1045.