- Attention 5th, 6th, & 7th Graders, this is the last week to register for the Booker T. Washington Essay Contest. Get your application from Sister Edith Wilson today or at the church office, this week!
- Attention All Youth and Parents. The time to celebrate our culture has arrived! Our 2018 theme for Black History is “A Night at the Museum”. Parents, please encourage all of our youth and children to participate and also bring ideas on people they would like to see showcased in the program. Rehearsals will start weekly on Tuesday, January 23rd from 630pm-8pm. Please see Sisters Kennedy Allen, Mia Washington, Connie Dallas or Brother Marcus LaGrant with any questions.
- Tuesday, February 13@ 6pm, Fast Tuesday Service. Everyone is encouraged to attend as we enter into the Lenten Season.
- Lenten Services will begin on Wednesday, February 14 thru Wednesday, March 28, 2018 @ 12 noon and 7pm. The Theme for this year is “Who Is This Jesus”. The noon Services will be held at Bethesda Baptist Church 2909 North 20th Street. The 7pm Services will be held at Progressive Baptist Church, 8324 West Keefe Avenue.
- During this time we will not have Wednesday & Thursday Bible Study here at Pilgrim Rest. We are encouraging everyone to attend the Lenten Services.
- Pilgrim Rest Boys Basketball Games Saturday, February 17, 2018: Game 12:00 pm Pilgrim Rest vs VLCC. Game is at East Brook Church, 5353 Green Bay Avenue.
- Saturday, February 17 @ 9am Security Ministry Meeting. If you would like to become a part of this ministry, please join us.
- Parents, Please “Save the Date” Sunday, February 18 after Morning Worship to meet with Pastor and the Church School Staff re: our children ages 3-17. Meeting will be in the Fellowship Hall, (light refreshments will be served)
- The Ministry of Christian Education is sponsoring a Town Hall Meeting titled The World vs The Word on Saturday, February 24th at 12pm. All are invited to attend as we explore worldly and biblical perspectives on bullying. Please see Sisters Rubye Jones, Victoria Frazier or Deacon Robert S. LaGrant with any questions.
- Pilgrim Rest has partnered with the American Lung Association to sponsor a team for the “Climb for Air” on Saturday, March 10, 2018 at the US Bank Building. A registration meeting will be held on tomorrow, February 12th at 6pm in the Fellowship Wing with a representative from the climb to take information and answer any questions. The event is open for anyone that can participate. Please see Deacon Robert S. LaGrant with any questions.
- Sons of Praise and Daughters of Praise will rehearse 2nd & 4th Sundays after worship service. If your child is interested in being a part of either team, see Brother’s Moore, Torence or Nash or Sister’s Frost or Spencer.
ATTENTION MEMBERS, If you would like your contribution statement please sign up in the foyer, at the parking lot door or call the office
· Join EVERY DAY COUNTS, a lifestyle program focused on eating and exercising with metastatic breast cancer.
· Youth Build, get paid! Building your future, get paid to earn your diploma, learn the construction trade, and rebuild your community! Sign up for Youth Build today! Visit https://www.cr-sdc.org/SDC/Programs/Career-Services/YouthBuild-Construction-Training.htm or call 414-906-2711. See the flyers in the foyer for more information.
· If you are a High School student with aspirations to become a doctor or enter the medical field, Check this out! Applications now open for “Apprenticeship in Medicine”. Call 414-955-8735, fax 414-955-0129 or email email@example.com. Flyers in foyer.
Dear Pilgrim Rest Family,
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ! The Finance Ministry of the church wanted to share an update on our Capital Campaign. We praise and thank God that we are in our 36th month of the initial campaign. When we started this faith journey in March 2015, the goal was to accomplish four tasks:
1. To complete renovations on our new Church Campus to fit our specific needs.
2. To support the new and growing ministries of the church.
3. To pay the mortgage of the new Church Campus.
4. To replenish the assets used to support our transition from Sherman Boulevard.
We thank each person that has contributed, but there is still work to do. We have seen God’s hand at work as we have had members young and old to support the vision and forward movement of the church.
Our initial request was for each adult member to complete a pledge of $3107, which would allow us to complete the work that we feel God has led us to do. All contributions, large or small, are welcomed and needed. We continue to solicit those who have yet to do so as well as those that have already completed their pledges.
We pray with a spirit of expectation that the members of the Pilgrim Rest Missionary Baptist Church will continue to support the forward movement and build on the proud legacy of our church in this community, this city and this world.
Please see a member of the Capital Campaign Finance Team or call the Church Office with any questions.