Happy New Year!
Sunday, December 31, 2017
· New Year’s Eve Watch Meeting Fellowship –Today, Sunday, December 31, 2017 @ 9:00 pm
· The Youth Department will have our New Year’s Eve Outing to Dave & Busters. We invite you to join us at Dave & Busters, 2201 Mayfair Rd. We will meet at the church at 5:00 pm to leave for Dave & Busters which starts at 5:30 pm. We will return to the church at 9:00 pm. All are welcome to attend and those 10 and under will require an adult chaperone to participate. The cost is $16 and all who attend must stay for Watch Night Services on that night. Please see Deacon Robert S. or Sister Lynne LaGrant with questions.
· 20-40 Ministry Scarfs, hats, gloves and socks drive begins today! Bring your items and place them in the basket in the foyer or bring them to the office Monday-Friday.
• PLEASE BEWARE OF THIS SCAM: Strangers bringing unordered gifts! This scam originated in Houston, TX, but could be anywhere. You could receive a call from a company called “Express Couriers.” (could also be called something else) asking if you are going to be home, they have a package that requires a signature. This is the first part of the scam, finding out when you will be home. If you are home they will then come to your home, maybe with a beautiful gift basket and a bottle of wine. They will tell you they don’t know where it came from or who sent it. But because the gift contains alcohol there is a $3.50 delivery/verification charge. They will say they do not take cash only debit or credit. When you swipe your card and enter a pin they have your account information. Within hours they can clean out your account.
• Salvation Army Christmas Family Feast – Monday, December 25 from 11:00am – 2:30 pm at 400 West Wisconsin Ave.
• Get Covered, Wisconsin! Obamacare or ACA is still Law. Enroll or renew. Just call 2-1-1 or text your zip code to 898-211. Flyers in foyer.
• Youth Build, get paid! Building your future, get paid to earn your diploma, learn the construction trade, and rebuild your community! Sign up for Youth Build today! Cr-sdc.org/program/career services or call 414-906-2711. See the flyers in the foyer for more information.
• If you are a High School student with aspirations to become a doctor or enter the medical field, Check this out! Applications now open for “Apprenticeship in Medicine”. Call 414-955-8735, fax 414-955-0129 or email email@example.com. Flyers in foyer.
• HOUSTON MISSIONS MINISTRY TEAM
As we are prayerfully considering ways to continue assisting the residents of Houston & Puerto Rico who were affected by Hurricanes, we are forming a Houston Missions Ministry Team. This team will coordinate the resources of the church, and explore long-term options to work through our Houston Missionaries to minister to families in Houston & in Puerto Rico. Call the church office if you are interested in being a part of this ministry.
• BUILDING SAFE COMMUNITIES, SHERMAN PARK
Get to know neighborhood police officers and fellow residents who live, work, learn or worship in Sherman Park. Free community meal followed by listening circles (Police & Residents) guided by Zeidler Center Facilities. Last Date: Thursday @ 6:00pm, Jan. 4. The sessions will be held here at Pilgrim Rest in the School Auditorium. Call the Church Office to register or with your questions. See attached flyer.