Sunday, April 29, 2018
• The Daughters of Praise and The Sons of Praise will minister at Greater Mt. Zion on today, Sunday, April 29 at 3:30 pm.
• Prayer Ministry National Day of Prayer, Thursday, May 3, 2018 -6:30 pm -7:30 pm. Please join us to Pray for America in Unity. Van Ministry Meeting -Tuesday, May 8 at 5pm in the Fellowship Hall
• Security Ministry Meeting -Saturday, May 12 @ 10am. If you would like to become a part of this ministry, please join us.
• High School Seniors, just a reminder your packets are due Sunday, May 13, 2018
• Mother’s Day Pin-A-Sister Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign – To all women of Pilgrim Rest, Mother’s Day is always a special day for moms. This year, we will focus our attention on breast cancer awareness. Every woman who attends church on Mother’s Day will receive a free give-away bag reminding all women to get their yearly mammograms and remind their loved ones to do the same. Please spread the word, and make it a point to be at church on Mother’s Day. You will not want to miss out. Any questions, please see Sis. Thresessa Childs.
• Save the Date: Saturday, May 19, 2018 – Church Anniversary Weekend
• Certified Teachers Needed: Nehemiah Inc. Summer Learning Camp is looking for Dedicated Certified Teachers. Grades K5/1st, 2nd/3rd split, 4th/5th split, 6th/7th split This is a 6 week camp starting June 25th through August 3rd, 2018 Hours: 9am- 12 noon Monday through Friday If you are interested please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Camp Director Needed:
Nehemiah Inc. Summer Learning Camp is looking for a Dedicated Camp Director.
• The camp director’s job involves administrative duties and supervisory responsibility for staff and campers.
• Oversees and has responsibility for all camp activities and campers.
• Must be 21 years of age or older
• Hours: Full-time, 8 hours a day Monday through Friday
• Must be a high school graduate or have college degree
• Must love working with children
If you are interested please send resume to email@example.com
• The Nehemiah Summer Camp is also looking for youth and adult volunteers. If you have 1 hour, we need you; 2 hours, we need you; whatever time you can give, we need you!
• Enroll your children and grandchildren today! The Nehemiah Summer camp begins June 25th and ends August 3rd. Applications are available in the foyer. The camp is $300 for 6 weeks, with fieldtrips included. You may also sign up to sponsor a child for the full time, for one week or make donation to the camp.
• SYIP Summer Youth Internship Program (Earn & Learn). Youth ages 14-19 yrs. can now apply for the summer employment with the Mayor’s office. Applications are available, close March 23, go to: htt://city.milwaukee.gov/SYIP fill out your application online. The Community Work Experience application cycle is open from March 19th and closes April 28.
• VBS – July 16-20, 2018 –We are looking for Teachers, teacher helpers, kitchen staffers and monitors. If you are interested see either Sisters Rabon or Smith or sign up in the foyer. Registration will begin soon.
• DID YOU KNOW Pilgrim Rest has a PRAYER MINISTRY that prays for the church and the community, weekly. Please join us Mondays/Thursdays 5-6PM in the fellowship hall. EVERY 3RD Monday we have corporate prayer.
• Sons of Praise and Daughters of Praise will rehearse 2nd & 4th Sundays after worship service. If your child is interested in being a part of either team, see Brothers Moore, Torrence or Nash or Sisters Frost or Spencer.
• Hope Network for Single Mothers Scholarship, Single mothers may apply for the Edmund Springman Educational Grant, to be used for tuition, day-care while in school or both. Grants are at least $1000 and multiple grants will be awarded. For post high school education during the 2018 fall & 2019 Spring semesters (technical or university, but not graduate degree). Apply online at www.hopenetworkinc.org Look for the scholarship tab. For more information flyers are in the foyer or call the church office. Applications are due by April 30, 2018 and winners announced by May 31.
• The City of Milwaukee Election Commission needs you! Be a leader in your community. We are looking for dependable people residing in Milwaukee County to assist as election workers at voting sites throughout the City in 2018. Election work is non-partisan and provides a great way to more fully participate in the democratic process. You can apply to work as an Election Inspector (must reside in Milwaukee County). These positions are paid: $130/day. You must attend training which is also paid. Fluent bilingual (English/ Spanish or English/Hmong) individuals are especially encouraged to apply. The election dates in 2018 are April 3rd, August 14th, and November 6th. For an application and more information, visit www.milwaukee.gov/election or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• ATTENTION! We need your Plastic Grocery Bags for Central City Churches Ministries. Bring them and place in the can in the foyer.
2018 Summer Learning Camp
Elementary School Youth K5 – 7th Grade
Quality Academic Enrichment Supported by Certified Teachers,
Onsite meals & Summer Camp Activities
All for the unbelievably low cost of $300 per child!
(Includes camp fee and activity fees, $50 deposit required to
secure a place, all fees are non-refundable)
June 25th–August 3rd, 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
(Early drop off and late pick up options available upon request)
Being held at Pilgrim Rest Church School Building, 3434 N. 38th Street, enter on the 37th Street lot (behind the School)
Let’s close the Gap and avoid Summer Learning Loss – Our certified teachers can help your child be better equipped for next school year!